Gardens Rising is inspired in Super Storm Sandy, a project funded by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development through the state of New York to control flooding in vulnerable city areas with nature-based infrastructure in our NYCCGC community gardens.
To move forward, we need a great logo and we need your talent.
We are having a contest to award $500 for the winning design that best fits the following rules:
- The deadline for submission is Friday November 27, 2015.
- All submissions must include, “Gardens Rising” in the design.
- All entries must be accompanied by your name and contact information.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by the competition rules and transfer all rights of the design without limitation to Gardens Rising to use, display, make copies, publish in any media, alter, etc. Entries will become the sole and exclusive property of the Gardens Rising.
- Submit original artwork or comprehensive layouts. The work must be original. Consideration should be given to simple reproduction capabilities to a number of media processes. Artwork must be reproduced in not more than four-match colors. Gardens Rising reserves the right to adjust reproduction art for optimum reproducibility to a variety of visual processes.
- The logo should be easily displayed and usable in both color and black-and-white environment.
- A short paragraph, explaining the concept of the design, is required.
- If all entries are deemed unsuitable or unqualified, Gardens Rising will have the right to determine whether to extend the dateline, reject all submissions and declare the competition ended without awarding a winner or hold another competition in the sole and absolute discretion of Gardens Rising.
- Gardens Rising reserves the rights to modify the competition rules and regulations at any time.
- All entries must adhere to the entry specifications outlined below.
- Competition is open to anyone in New York City.
- Participants can submit only two final product(s) to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi or be in vector format.
- All entries must be no smaller than 1200 x 1200 pixels and no larger than 2400 x 2400 pixels.
- All entries must be submitted electronically in either PDF (.pdf), JPEG (.jpg), TIFF (.tif), Portable Network Graphic (.png), Encapsulated Post Script (.eps) or Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format.
- Entries must be multicolor.
- Only two entries per person will be accepted.
Gardens Rising will have the right to pick any final contesting logo to be used as the official logo for the project.
Winner will receive a $500 award from Gardens Rising for their design.