The first Gardens Rising Roundtable took place December 4th 2015, at the Neighborhood Preservation Center, 232 E.11th St between 2nd and 3rd Aves. Our inaugural workshop included community stakeholders and experts in the use of green infrastructure to increase permeability in urban neighborhoods. Gardens Rising will offer a continuing a series of brainstorming roundtables focusing on the opportunities, ideas, and challenges of Gardens Rising.
Missed it? Download the minutes.
- Margot Walker and John McLaughlin, of NYC Department of Environmental Protection.
- Ilan Kutok, head of Green Infrastructure for NYC Department of Parks and Recreation.
- Brigid Keating, Bioswale Construction Coordinator at the NYC Economic Development Corporation.
- Ross Martin, La Plaza Community Gardener and Landscape Designer.
- Michael Mangieri, 6BC Garden.
- Fran McGorty, Diaz y Flores.
- Maryanne Byington and Corinna Lindenberg, Green Oasis.
- Carolyn Ratcliffe, DeColores Garden.
- Ayo Harrington, Orchard Alley.
Listen to audio recordings from this and other roundtable events here.